Monday, October 25, 2010

Words...



Words With Friends.... Scrabble on your phone.  Have you played?  I have. I gotta tell ya, it's been an experience.  Did you know before Words I did not even know  this whole "Blogland" existed?  Yep, just a mom raising kids, sewing away all by her lonesome.  Until, Words.  It works like this, you have to choose a user name, just like every other application on the iPhone or Internet, logical choice for me was something to do with sewing.  My choice... *sewgirl(a variation of *sewgirl, icon added, if you request "sewgirl" you won't get me ;)  ).  Then you have to start games.  You can start them randomly, which can be very interesting, either good <3 or badX.  You can search your contacts, or search by user name.  Me, being the dork I am, decided to type in every sewing and quilting term/name I could think of.   You would not believe what came up.  There are a lot of us out there!  I got to play with Jody Burrow one day, you know the inventor of the Square in a Square Ruler.  I was so excited!  Kinda like the time my mom was a telephone operator in 1969, and got to place a person to person call to ELVIS PRESLEY! Hehehe, well, my news might not have been that big, but I was excited! 

In June, I hit pay dirt.  I found my Friend, Melissa, of Sewing Adventures.  I remember her saying, "Do I know you?" To which, I had to reply sheepishly, "No, I'm just a sewing geek, who typed in random sewing terms.  It's okay if you want to resign."  Melissa so graciously replied, "No worries, it's all good."  From there it's history.  Quilting friends.  She is the one who introduced me to Blogland.  Many thanks, Melissa!!! xoxoxo

And, as a post script, I'll just say today was a good day, as I got to put a voice with a face and name...thanks for the chat. :) Looking forward to many more and a hopeful visit!  You made my day.

*Secondary post script, the timing of this post is ironic, in that I am currently taking a break from all games but three ;)  FB friends, thanks for the offers to play, I'll definitely let you know when I'm back. :)

No comments: