Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What Homeschooling Looks Like.....on a good day

I get lots of questions about homeschooling. While it's becoming more popular and socially acceptable, many are still baffled by the whole concept. We home school for many reasons, too many to get into on what is supposed to be a "light-hearted" blog. I will share a verse, though, that completely corresponds to the title of this blog.

"Trust in the Lord and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness."
Psalm 37:3
(emphasis mine)


As a homeschooling mom, that's what I'm working toward, hoping and trusting God for. I fail so many times, but He is faithful to take my mistakes and turn them for His good. Really if you've got time today, and your wondering what God has for you, I'd encourage you to read all of Psalm 37. In my Bible, I have written at the top of the chapter "God's job description for me."  Here's a picture of my Psalm 37.

Obviously, by the underlining and markings, this speaks to me. If you let it, it will speak to you, too.
 
Oh, yes! Homeschooling....chased a rabbit there, didn't I?  Well, I do come from a long line of hunters. ;)
 
One thing I love about homeschooling is that I get experience most, if not all, of my children's first.  Especially sweet is the light in their eyes as the decoding of letters and sounds evolves into reading.  Just this morning Little Guy was having his reading lesson, and missed a word, he gets frustrated when he is not successful on the first try sometimes.
 
  This is the face of the child who rubbed his head and said, "I think I've just had too much sugar, this morning." Lol!  Wonder where he's heard that before?!
 
And this is the moment I get to encourage him, that we all make mistakes, and you just gotta keep trying.

He said some more funny things, but I think I'll save those for a later post, as I will need permission to quote from another blog, for you to get the joke. ;)

Hope you have the best day!  I'm off to enjoy my VERY blessed life. :)  Thank You, Jesus!!!



*If you've been following the blog, this week, you are probably thinking, "Boy, this chick is all over the place!"  You would be right.  Welcome to my life.  It's a roller coaster around here, might as well hang on and enjoy the ride. ;))

1 comment:

Mary Lou Casada said...

Jan, it IS a blessed life, isn't it!?! :-) I love verses 23 & 24..."though he will stumble, he will not fall..." -- makes me know that even on my WORST day of teaching my kids, it's WAY better than the alternative, and I can trust God with the results. Peace of mind, for sure!! I've got a couple of homeschool posts here:
http://cheaperthantherapyquilting.blogspot.com/search/label/homeschool
-- I guess we are both "all over the place! :-D Keep up the great work (teaching, quilting and blogging! LOL)
Blessings,
Mary Lou