Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Home Improvements Can Include Sewing! :))

Well, the last couple of weeks have been busy! We have all been working hard, including our sweet neighbors Amen and Glory.  One day I sent Archer a text that said, "Amen is picking up your yard, and Glory is sweeping my floor."  Praise the Lord for good neighbors!!  It has all been worth it, the house has been appraised and come in at exactly what we needed it to!  Can you say, God answers prayers!  We finished painting the kitchen
where we had been keeping up with heights on the dry wall

My sweet Daddy brought me this from Pennsylvania two years ago.  It's the first thing you see when you come in our front door(did I tell you I painted the front door black? Love it!).  So this year he brought me this!
AND...it just happened to have the exact color in the  quilt, as we had put on the wall, yeah...I'm smiling. :)

Our kitchen cabinets had these plastic inserts in them, and I forgot to take a picture with them in, but I remembered to take one without.
Then I made some curtains, and this is what we ended up with...(all fabric came from my stash! Go me!!)
Now just to make curtains for the windows!  As you can tell our house is a little different.  But I think it fits us, I tell people think Silver Dollar City meets Big Cedar Lodge, more on the SDC side.  Lol!

What's been your most recent home improvement project?

No comments: