Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year, EVERYBODY!!!!  Oh, yeah, new year, new start, clean slate.... Well, a girl can wish, can't she?  The month of December has been crazy busy...as if it isn't always and for everyone...I had to cut my losses, and the blog fell, as Dave Ramsey would say, "below the line." ;)  BUT...Watch Out!!! I'm back. Hehehe... 

In December we played basketball, well, you know "I" didn't play, but I did attend the games. :) We took a little trip to Branson with the fam, including my sweet Daddy, Brother, Sister in Love, and you know....the Little Cuddle Bug....



Nicey...the Divine Miss Em

Then it was home to finish up rehearsals and put on a Christmas show....Look, Sweet Memory...

I'm home..... oohhhh....how sweet it was and is!

A great time was had by all!!!






Christmas was wonderful filled with family and smiles....

Sweet Sister in Love
 And through it all...I was playing Words...Yes, don't say it, I KNOW I'm obsessed!  K will say, "no wonder I don't hear from you anymore...you've got a whole other group of friends."  And...she would be right!  When there's a ballgame on, I'm too tired to concentrate at the sewing machine, riding in the car, and I'm bored...and none of the "regulars" are on... I'll start random games.  The first time I did this and hit pay dirt was last spring/early summer...that's when I picked up Sewcute, Mr. Typo's(hehehe don't worry, he doesn't know about this blog, or anything past my first name, so it won't hurt his feelings), Julia, The TX Rider, and The Business Man...still playing with all of these. ;)  In August, a No New Opponents rule was put in place, because of a certain Mr.NoName!!  Got to be careful... What a jerk!  Only recently have I started random games again.  And one Tuesday evening in December...I hit the jackpot again!!  With this load I got Ms.AZ, Jess, and The Poet...a couple more but these are the three that I've gotten to "know".  So, this morning The Poet asks me to finish the sentence, "The new year..."  I respond with some dribble about it being my last year of my thirties, the kiddos, you know, nothing earth shattering.  Then I informed him that turn about is fair play.  His response came off the cuff, and I'd like to share it with you...

"The new year rang in exactly on time - the only given it is allowed.  For some, it will be their first, for others their last.  For most, the new year is the balance of mind and heart.  The mind concerned of what can be; the heart with what should be. The mind leads the way - analytically plotting where our physical body should tread.  Concerned as it should be with singular survival.  The heart, bless it, is concerned with what is best for all. I only hope that I find the balance between my mind and heart, physical existence and spiritual empathy.  It is
my goal; my quest."
The Poet


Happy New Year!!
soooo looking forward to spending it with you, All my Bloggy Friends!!

No comments: