Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tour(still playing catch-up ;) )

So, I promised you a tour...  Don't let it be said that I don't keep my promises. ;)

What does a momma who loves some fresh venison, appreciates a good shot, but has no desire to sit in a deer stand do in the "deer woods"?  She quilts!  I made a crazy quilt the first two years we went, and the last two years, I've worked on my "Green Quilt."  Why green? Well it's my favorite color, of course! ;)
Aaannnddd...where else can you have army trucks and flowers right next to each other?
In the morning, you've got to have a little comfort. So, remember my eggnog milkshake?  Well, how about eggnog coffee?
I had my Daddy try it.  Lol! His response was, "That's TERRIBLE!"  Well, I like it!  Yummy :))

You saw what we did when we drove up in the night, here's what it looks like in the light of day.

And where the momma and girls stay....Thank you, Daddy!! (complete with working plumbing!!)

And a few more sights....

Know what this is for?  Don't worry, by the time they get here, they don't feel a thing...hehehehe...

Yeah, if you're a bambi lovin' tree hugger.... you might want to stop reading this....NOW  ;)

You gotta appreciate a good group of men with a great sense of humor....
For the "harvest", and just in case you can't read the sign...
Lol!!!  Is that not hilarious?  Love it!  LOVE a man with a sense of humor!!!!

What do you do if it's drizzling and you're bored in the camp house?  You talk your Grandpa into going outside and letting you shoot the BB gun...


Okay, you've been warned once, but I'm telling you, DO NOT read further if you are opposed to blood, guts, or dead deer...

My Little Guy got his first deer!  Well, he might have had some help, but please don't tell him!  He and his Grandpa had a very productive morning!
Okay, there was one more pic I wanted to share, but even with my warnings, I'm afraid it's just too graphic for some of my readers.  It is of a 13 year old girl getting a lesson in cleaning and dressing out a deer.  Why would I want to share that?  Because 30 years ago, that was me.  No, I'm not 40....yet!  But, I got an earlier start. Hehehe...

The take was great!  Archer got two, Daddy got one, Brother took two, and, of course, Little Guy got his first!!  Way to go Guys!!  Lot's to be thankful for!

No comments: